Korean Turkey Rice Bowl
Makes 4 servings
· 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
· 1 small yellow onion, chopped
· 1 lb. ground free-range organic turkey or chicken
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, tough foot removed and sliced thinly
· 2 carrots, scrubbed and grated
· ½ small head of red cabbage, finely chopped
· 3 Tbsp wheat-free tamari sauce or coconut aminos
· 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
· ½ Tbsp fish sauce
· Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. In a large skillet or wok heat olive or coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and ground meat, and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add garlic, shiitakes, carrots, and cabbage, and toss to combine. Continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are cooked.
3. Whisk together wheat-free tamari, rice wine vinegar and fish sauce together in a small bowl, then pour over the ground meat and vegetable mix. Stir to combine, then serve.
4. Serve with cooked brown rice.