Gluten Free Lasagna
2 pounds ground beef, turkey and/or Italian sausage
5 cups homemade marinara sauce or store bought sauce
1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
1 (16 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
12 dried GF lasagna noodles (I like Barilla oven-ready)
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9 baking dish.
2. Brown meat over medium heat. Drain fat. Add marinara sauce and combine.
3. Drain spinach (see note). In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, spinach, eggs, parsley and basil.
4. Spread 1 cup marinara-meat sauce in the bottom of the baking pan. Lay 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise in the pan. Spread ¾ cup ricotta mixture over the noodles.
5. Repeat with remaining ingredients, for a total of 4 layers of noodles. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the top layer of marinara-meat sauce.
6. Cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil and bake, uncovered for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes uncovered or until cheese is golden brown. Let Lasagna rest 10 minutes before serving.
Make Ahead: Prepare through Step 5. Cover with aluminum foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw completely in refrigerator. Preheat oven and continue according to Step 6.
Note: Drain spinach by pressing out as much water as possible either in your hands or in a small colander.
Diary-Free: Sub dairy free cheese or omit. Sub vegan ricotta. Try https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-cashew-ricotta-cheese-soy-free-fast-easy/#wprm-recipe-container-61713