Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
· 4 Tbsp GF tamari soy sauce
· 2 Tbsp almond butter
· 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
· 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
· 1 Tbsp olive oil
· 1/2 large onion, diced
· 1 red bell pepper, diced
· 1 carrot, shredded or finely diced
· 1 lb. ground chicken, turkey or pork
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
· 8 oz. water chestnuts (whole or sliced), drained and diced
· black pepper, to taste
· 1 head butter lettuce, leaves removed and washed
· Mung bean sprouts
· Green onions, sliced
· Cilantro, chopped
1. Combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk together.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, pepper and carrot until slightly brown and soft.
3. Add the ground chicken/turkey, garlic and ginger and cook until meat is browned, making sure to break up the meat as it cooks.
4. Pour the sauce on top of the chicken and stir until well combined. Add the water chestnuts. Stir everything together. Season with black pepper.
5. To serve, place a large spoonful of chicken mixture onto a butter lettuce leaf. Top with mung bean sprouts, green onions and cilantro.
Freeze Leftovers: Filling freezes well making this a great quick and easy lunch. Just reheat and add filling to a lettuce leaf and a few veggies for a meal.